Join Our Team
MRA is currently seeking a bilingual (Spanish/English) administrative assistant/billing specialist to help us stay organized with financial matters and issue/track purchase order requests and invoices related to client billing in Mexico and Latin American countries. This is a contract, remote position from Mexico or the United States.
The ideal candidate will exhibit high standards, excellent communication skills, take initiative and prioritize daily tasks. A strong ability to take charge and meet tight deadlines will ensure your success in this multi-faceted role.
This position is a good fit for someone wanting flexibility. The candidate must be available during day-time work hours for all tasks requiring communication with clients, suppliers or MRA team members as well as for initial training/onboarding and ongoing team status calls. Other tasks not requiring interactions, such as updating job lists, electronic filing, etc., can be done after hours if that is preferred.
It is estimated the position could require up to 20 hours per week on an ongoing basis; based on training needs, the first few weeks or month(s) will be heavier, estimated at 25-30 hours per week.
The candidate will interact regularly with a small team including an accountant based in Mexico City, 2-3 MRA directors in Mexico and the U.S., and will be communicating (primarily in email) with MRA client contacts within different LATAM countries (Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Central America, Peru and possibly Brazil although Portuguese is not required).
We are looking for someone who is open to change, can adapt well to new processes, is comfortable with technology and also contributes to suggested improvements.
If you have relevant experience, a great work ethic, strong attention to detail, amazing organizational skills and a positive attitude, we would love to talk to you!
- Activate and enter new jobs as well as input job-related information into MRA database/Project Management system
- Track and maintain detailed job lists by country following a defined workflow process
- Using existing Microsoft Word template, prepare purchase order requests (Spanish/English) for MRA clients; ensure details match corresponding job information found in other documents
- Follow documented guidelines/instructions for PO requests/billing for each market
- Understand how purchase order (and invoice) requirements vary by country in terms of documents or information that must be sent with purchase orders; strong attention to detail is important to ensure accuracy
- Send purchase order requests along with required documents/information to MRA clients via email and/or upload to project management/financial portals
- Send follow up communications as necessary until purchase orders are obtained
- Track purchase order status by market
- Once purchase orders are received, obtain “Goods Received” numbers from clients which are necessary for invoice generation
- Obtain invoices from MRA accountant and send to clients with necessary information (purchase order, GR#s); ensure invoices match job information, PO and GR numbers
- Obtain updated/renewed “Certificate of Residency” as needed from Mexican tax authorities (via website, email)
- Help resolve incomplete billing and purchase order/invoice issues by following up with clients in email and providing necessary information
- Maintain all documentation including client contact information; ensure job-related billing documents are “filed” electronically in a timely manner and that files can be retrieved easily by other; use well organized methods for folder names and directory structures
- Create special reports/run client reports as needed based on client needs/requests.
- Provide suggestions for increasing process efficiency
- Maintain and update time off calendar for LATAM consultants
- One+ year of similar experience
- Bilingual Spanish/English (written and spoken) is a must
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to multitask and stay on task working independently; responsibilities require focus and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Familiar with databases and project management platforms
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a team player
- Familiar with foreign currency exchange rates
- Experience in accounting or business administration is a plus
- Most communication will be facilitated through email and virtual meetings (Microsoft Teams); candidate should have reliable laptop/computer capabilities and internet connectivity
If interested, please submit your application and resume by November 15, 2020. Click here to apply now!